Role type: Full time
Reporting to: Head of Engineering
Location: London/ remote
Eva Health Technologies
We are a mission-driven and ambitious organisation seeking to revolutionise the software used to deliver GP services and community care in the UK.
Eva is at the start of a new chapter in its long history. With a new CEO, new investors and a refocused strategy, the company is making significant changes to ensure that the company can thrive in its mission to revolutionize the way the NHS engages and supports citizens to live their healthiest lives.
About this role
Eva Health is working on modernising a health tech product which is already in production in the NHS. This role will be one of a core team of engineers working closely with the CTO/Head of Engineering to bring the back end of the tech stack up to standard, laying the foundations for us to build a best-in-class solution over the next 12-18 months.
What you’ll do
You’ll be building the future of healthcare. The software we’re developing sits at the heart of the NHS infrastructure and UK healthcare data. As we improve its foundations and turn it into the best-in-class solution in the market, it will genuinely save lives. We envisage a solution that can support the NHS in making data-driven decisions, support front-line healthcare workers in making safer, more informed, decisions, and empower patients to better engage with their own care.
We are looking to build a team of experienced, collaborative, engineers who will work together to deliver this vision. We’ll be adding features on the legacy code as well as building out the new product and infrastructure in well-designed functional code on modern AWS infrastructure.
This will be almost entirely a hands-on development role, but with some aspects of designing architecture, helping lead work-streams, and training up more junior engineers.
What we’re looking for
We’re not looking for a fixed number of years experience, or educational background. Importantly, we’re not looking for rockstar coders. We are team players, we are teachers and we are kind. Rockstar coders can be ‘divas’ who generate knowledge silos and bottlenecks. We make sure every voice is heard and aren’t swayed by the loudest voice in the room. We are friendly and open minded, and we’re looking for people who will thrive in our community. We’ll be taking into account the following skills and experience:
- Back-end development fundamentals excellence, and demonstrable advanced skills (Functional programming language; clojure, python, lisp, scheme, racket etc)
- Knowledge sharing ability (mentoring, talks, etc)
- Automated testing at various levels (unit, functional, integration etc.)
- Cloud-based systems (serverless / container-based)
- Working to be compliant in a regulated environment (e.g. health, finance)
- Experience of working both independently to get a job done, and collaboratively as a mixed team of senior and junior developers
- Experience of operating in a fast-paced environment, to tight deadlines, and exacting quality standards
- Self-motivation and drive to deliver excellent products to customers
Eva Health is an equal opportunity employer – we actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups in tech. We don’t want to work in a company full of only people who look like us, sound like us and think like us. We are looking for a diverse mix of people to enhance our community.
Like the rest of the company, you’ll have
- 25 days annual leave, plus public holidays
- Access to online training, and a commitment to helping you learn on the job
- Initially fully-remote due to covid 19. Long term, part-remote and flexible working are possible
- Access to an employee, family and friends voucher and discount scheme
Salary range: £60,000-80,000 dependent on experience and location.
Interested? Send your CV plus a brief note introducing yourself and what you’re looking for in your next role to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Eva Health Technologies our roots lie in a family-run business with over 30 years of history. We are in the process of a metamorphosis from the old (Microtest) to the new (Eva). We’re taking the best bits of our past and have recently rebranded to define what we want to see in the world.
Our goal is to redefine primary care and the technology that supports it. We want to become a mission critical tool for 100,000+ health and care professionals, to help them improve the health and wellbeing of 10m+ people, by 2025.
We’re backed by PUBLIC, a pioneer in the GovTech space, running an accelerator programme in 4 countries, convening an annual summit, and writing cutting-edge research. Led by ex-deputy head of the No.10 policy unit, Daniel Korski, and venture investor, Alexander de Carvalho, PUBLIC’s team has operational experience in government, startups, technology and finance.